Sea of Plastics
Sea of Plastics Innovation Challenge
The Sea of Plastics Innovation Challenge tasks young leaders to take action with innovative solutions to eliminate plastics in our oceans.
The Problem? Plastics are indestructible!
Every item of plastic that has ever been created is still with us on the planet today. In the mid 1950’s we were told that plastic was suitable for single use and could simply be thrown away. We now know this is not true.
We are the problem!
What are the UN Sustainability Goals? Spotlight on SDG 12
There are 17 SDGs.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015 to end poverty, reduce inequality and build more peaceful, prosperous societies by 2030.
SDG 12 is Responsible Consumption and Production.
What we make
How we make it
How we use it
How we dispose of or Recycle it.
Learn more at UNEP.org
What can you do?
- Learn about the problem
- Break-Up with Single Use Plastics
- Great Global Clean Up at EarthDay.org
- #TrashTag at NationalCleanUpDay.org
- Take the Pledge at CleanSeas.org
- Share Your Experience
In Your Community
How can you make an impact in your community?
- Start a recycling program at your school
- Participate in a clean-up
- Upcycle and turn plastics into something new, even art
- Rethink how you use single use plastic & Break-Up!